This is an ideal position for the person who wants to get a great start working with customers and our team to learn and grow in visual communications. Working alongside our team, this person will be responsible for customer service and sales inside the store, occasionally outside of the store, as well as executing marketing programs.
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic member of our team and service to customers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for walk-in, referrals and telephone contacts.
- Respond to customer inquiries; determine sign needs, provide sign recommendations and quotes, and assist customers with the order process.
- Process customer orders, obtain customers approval and deposit, contact them when the order is ready and after the fact for satisfaction.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately creating, reading and communicating Work Order details.
- Earn referrals and send thank you notes for all projects
- Work on call, direct mail and social media campaigns.
- Report to and Support General Manager as needed with reports, invoices, etc.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education, training or general experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge base sufficient for job performance.
- Sufficient formal or informal education to assure the ability to use simple math (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers and fractions, as well as converting fractions to decimals and vice versa).
- Enthusiasm, team spirit, great work ethic, attention to detail, desire to learn.
- Previous experience as a customer service representative or inside sales representative would be a plus, but not required.
Knowledge: Basic computer and common software knowledge such as word, excel, power point etc. Knowledge of social media is a plus.
Skills: Listening, speaking, hearing and writing; being able to assess needs and offer possible solutions for consideration; time management; creating customer databases.
Desirable Qualifications/Traits: “Get it done” attitude; quality conscious; flexibility to occasionally work (and be compensated for) overtime; calm, professional and diplomatic; presents self well; neatly dressed, well-mannered and polite.